Many in stock
Is a form of
- Vegetarian Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCl) 750mg,
- HMPC (Capsule Shell),
- Titanium Dioxide,
- Magnesium Stearate.
Take one tablet daily with food
If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your GP or medical professional before taking supplements. Do not exceed recommended dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store is a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children NOT intended for use by persons under the age of 18
Glucosamine Sulphate is also known by these names: 2-Amino-2-Deoxy-Beta-D-Glucopyranose, 2-Amino-2-Deoxy-D-Glucose Sulphate, 2-amino-2-deoxyglucose sulphate, Amino Monosaccharide, Chitosamine, Chlorure de Potassium-Sulphate de Glucosamine, D-Glucosamine, D-Glucosamine Sulphate, D-Glucosamine Sulphate, G6S, Glucosamine, Glucosamine Potassium Sulphate, Glucosamine Sulphate 2KCl, Glucosamine Sulphate-Potassium Chloride, Glucosamine Sulphate, Glucosamine Sulphate KCl, Glucosamine-6-Phosphate, GS, Mono-Sulphated Saccharide, Poly-(1->3)-N-Acetyl-2-Amino-2-Deoxy-3-O-Beta-D-Glucopyranurosyl-4-(or 6-) Sul, Saccharide Mono-Sulfaté, Saccharide Sulfaté, Sulphate de Glucosamine, Sulphate de Glucosamine 2KCl, SG, Sulphated Monosaccharide, Sulphated Saccharide, Sulfato de Glucosamina.
What is Glucosamine Sulphate?
Glucosamine Sulphate is a commonly prescribed medication for patients with joint problems. Patients with arthritis and more particularly, osteoarthritis use this supplement.
Glucosamine Sulphate occurs naturally in the fluid around the joints and in our bodies. This fluid known as synovial fluid is instrumental in the prevention of friction between bone-joints. It cushions the joints from external impacts. Glucosamine Sulphate occurs naturally in shellfish and is presently produced in laboratories.
Glucosamine Sulphate as a supplement has been studied at length and the conclusion of these studies reveal that the effectiveness of the supplement is directly linked to its quality and dosage. Insufficient dosages and quality will not help patients with joint problems or the effectiveness is minimal.
How does it work?
This naturally occurring substance helps the body across a wide range of functions. Glucosamine Sulphate is a primary agent in the building of cartilage, tendons, ligaments and the production of Synovial fluid around joints.
In a healthy body joints are encased in cartilage and cushioned by Synovial fluid. The most common complaints of sufferers of osteoarthritis are pain, stiffness and friction in the joints due to the break down and thinning of cartilage. Glucosamine supplement is used to alleviate these complaints by preventing the breakdown of both cartilage and Synovial fluid and increasing their quantities and thereby lessening the friction surrounding joints.
According to researchers, the ‘sulphate’ contained in Glucosamine Sulphate plays a vital role in the continued building of cartilage. Their final conclusion is that out of all forms of Glucosamine, Glucosamine Sulphate is by far the most effective as a supplement.
Used To Treat
- Osteoarthritis- Glucosamine Sulphate is an effective treatment for those suffering from Osteoarthritis. However, it is ineffective for others due to various factors. The supplement might not work for people who suffer from chronic osteoarthritis that takes a more severe form or for those who are obese and overweight or older.
- Temporomandibular joint arthritis-Known as TMJ this condition is the degeneration of the joint located in the jaw. Dentists look for proper alignment and clicking of the jaw in order to check this condition. Glucosamine Sulphate is used to treat problems concerning chewing, talking, yawning and pain in the jaw. Some people have reported relief from pain up to three months after discontinuing the intake of Glucosamine Sulphate. Some researchers have equate the use of Glucosamine Sulphate to the use of ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, etc), a drug that is an anti-inflammatory non-steroidal for the relief of jaw pain.
- Degeneration of joints-People who have chronic osteoarthritis are given Glucosamine Sulphate supplement. This helps not only to relieve the pain but also acts as a treatment for the degeneration of joints. It has been found that people who use Glucosamine Sulphate supplement are less likely to undergo knee replacement surgery.
- Glucosamine sulphate improves joint function
- Glucosamine sulphate maintains the elasticity of the cartilage
- Glucosamine sulphate aids in the repair of damage
- Provides pain relief for arthritis sufferers
Goes well with
Glucosamine Sulphate can be taken together with other supplements and herbs in food as there are no known interactions. In addition, there are other supplements such as Chondroitin that compliments and enhances the performance of Glucosamine Sulphate. Chondroitin which is also used as a therapeutic drug to help with stiffness, joint pain and indications of osteoarthritis works synergistically with Glucosamine Sulphate to provide the required nutritional support to joints and ensure their health.
How to take/dosage
When take Glucosamine sulphate orally, the following dosages are recommended:
- Osteoarthritis: 1500mg once daily or 500mg three times a day
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) arthritis: 500mg three times a day.
A maximum of 2000 mg per day is considered to be safe in avoiding chronic side effects.
Possible side effects
Side effects are varied and depend on each individual. There can be constipation, heartburn, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting. However, if you experience vertigo, oedema of the face, rash, difficulty in breathing, pruritus, bulging of the throat and tongue or any other allergic reaction consult a doctor immediately.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Allergic reactions such as: rash, pruritus, edema of the face, bulging of the tongue and throat, vertigo, and difficulty of breathing, immediately consult your doctor.
- Taking in Glucosamine sulphate with anti-platelet aggregators and researches revealed that internal bleeding is likely to happen; thereby increasing risk of having petechial bruises as well as bleeding.
- Antimitotic chemotherapy drugs - Another drug that does not go well with Glucosamine sulphate are medications for cancer specifically antimitotic chemotherapeutic drugs. Researchers think that Glucosamine sulphate increases the effectiveness of these prescriptions. Anyone who is undergoing with these prescriptions should consult their health care provider before ingesting this supplement.
- Anti-diabetic drugs - There has also been a concern regarding taking in of Glucosamine sulphate. It is stated that it might increase the blood sugar of a diabetic person. Aside from that, it may also decrease how well these medications work. However, recent researches show that Glucosamine sulphate probably doesn’t increase the blood sugar in people who have diabetes. But still, a person with diabetes should strictly monitor their blood sugar while taking Glucosamine.
- Issues about the use of glucosamine in people suffering from diabetes have been discussed. It was said that it can cause pancreatic beta-cell malfunction and difficulties of muscle cells in metabolizing glucose. These issues is said to aggravate the clinical manifestations of diabetics.
- Lactating women, pregnant mothers, asthmatic people and patients who will undergo operation scheduled in the next two weeks are advised not to ingest Glucosamine sulphate.
Things to note
Take Glucosamine sulphate with food to avoid bowel problems.
Scientific support and reference citations
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.