Many in stock
Is a form of
- Glucosamine Sulphate 2KCL 400mg
- Chondroitin Sulphate 100mg (with collagen, purity not less than 16%)
- MSM 50mg
- CA-Ascorbate 65mg
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- Microcrystalline Cellulose
- Stearic Acid
- Silicon Dioxide
- Magnesium Stearate.
Take three tablets daily with food
If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your GP or medical professional before taking supplements. Do not exceed recommended dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store is a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children NOT intended for use by persons under the age of 18
Glucosamine is otherwise known as Sulfato de Glucosamina, SG, 2-amino-2-deoxyglucose sulfate, 2-Amino-2-Deoxy-D-Glucose Sulfate, D-Glucosamine, Glucosamine Sulphate KCl, G6S, Amino Monosaccharide, 2-Amino-2-Deoxy-Beta-D-Glucopyranose, D-Glucosamine Sulphate, Chitosamine, Glucosamine Sulfate-Potassium Chloride, Poly-(1->3)-N-Acetyl-2-Amino-2-Deoxy-3-O-Beta-D-Glucopyranurosyl-4-(or 6-) Sul, Chlorure de Potassium-Sulfate de Glucosamine, Glucosamine Potassium Sulfate, D-Glucosamine Sulfate, Glucosamine Sulphate, Glucosamine-6-Phosphate, Mono-Sulfated Saccharide, Sulfate de Glucosamine, Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCl, Saccharide Mono-Sulfaté, GS, Sulfate de Glucosamine 2KCl, Sulfated Monosaccharide, Saccharide Sulfaté, and Sulfated Saccharide,.
Chondroitin is otherwise known as Chondroitin Condroitin, CSC, GAG, CS, CSA, CPS, Chondroitin Sulphates, Polysulphate, Chondroïtine Sulfate A, Chondroitin Sulfate C, Chondroitin Sulfate B, Chondroitin Sulfates, Chondroitin Sulfate A, Chondroïtine 4- et 6- sulfate, Chondroïtine Sulfate B, Chondroïtine Sulfate C, Galactosaminoglucuronoglycan Sulfate, Chondroitin 4-sulfate, Chondroitin 4- and 6-sulfate, Poly-(1->3)-N-aceltyl-2-amino-2-deoxy-3-O-beta-D-glucopyranurosyl-4-(or 6-), Chondroïtine, Chondroitin Sulphate A Sodium, Polysulfate de Chondroïtine, Chondroïtine 4-sulfate, Sulfate de Chondroïtine, Chondroitin, Sulfate de Galactosaminoglucuronoglycane, Chondroitin Polysulfate, Sulfates de Chondroïtine, Calcium Chondroitin Sulfate, Sulfato de Condroitina and CDS,.
Methyl sulphonyl methane is otherwise known as Sulfone de Diméthyle MSM, Sulfone de Méthyle, Méthyle Sulphonyle Méthane, Sulfonyl Sulfur, Crystalline DMSO, Metilsulfonilmentano,Dimethylsulfone,Dimethyl Sulfone MSM, Methylsulfonylmethane, Diméthylsulfone, Méthylsulfonylméthane, Methyl Sulfone, Methyl Sulfonyl Methane, Méthyle Sulfonyle Méthane, DMSO and MSM,
What is Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM?
Glucosamine is a naturally occurring chemical found in the body particularly in the fluid lubricating the joints. This prevents friction between the bones and keeps the cartilage healthy. Glucosamine is also present in other body organ tissues such as the tendons, ligaments, and collagen. Some food sources of glucosamine include crustaceans and shellfish.
Glucosamine together with chondroitin are known to prevent and improve joint problems. Chondroitin is a major component of connective tissues such as cartilage and blood vessel walls. It can be extracted from animal cartilages such of bovine and shark.
Methyl sulphonyl methane (MSM) is an important component for glucosamine and chondroitin to be absorbed and utilized by the body. This sulfur based compound is also found in plants and other animals. MSM is generally found in most of the food we eat but diminishes significantly during cooking and processing.
How does it work?
As a normal person age, the lubricating fluid between the joints will diminish then eventually damages the cartilage due to friction. After the cartilage ware off, the bones will be exposed and rub on each other making the joint painful to move.
Another scenario would be if there is an imbalanced metabolism favoring destruction of cartilages and inability to repair them resulting to erosive osteoarthritis.
Glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM contribute to preserve healthy cartilage and prevents the initiation of osteoarthritis. It also prevents the progression of osteoarthritic change to symptomatic osteoarthritis. Radiographic evidence suggests that regular intake of this food supplement may slow joint degeneration and promotes repair in patients with osteoarthritis.
Used to treat
- Used to relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis and other inflammatory joint disorders.
- Alleviate joint discomfort and swelling by keeping the fluid between joints viscous.
- Helps to maintain healthy joints and help prevent and slow down cartilage destruction.
- Increase the absorption of pain relievers for osteoarthritis.
Individual studies showed various benefits from glucosamine, chondroitin and SMS which includes the following:
- Stimulate cartilage repair and joint fluid production improving mobility and flexibility.
- Glucosamine is known to have anti-inflammatory effects relieving swelling and pain.
- Aside from cartilage, glucosamine, chondroitin and SMS also promote formation and repair of other tissues in the body.
Goes well with/compliments
- Hyaluronic acid (primarily used for relieving arthritic pain)
- Methyl sulphonyl methane (MSM) (helps in healing musculoskeletal injuries)
- Vitamin C (helps in promoting build-up of collagens)
- Manganese ascorbate (assist in healthy connective tissues)
How to take/dosage
The following are the recommended dose for each component of this supplement according to scientific research and expert opinion:
- Glucosamine- 1500mgs in single or in 3 divided doses per day
- Chondroitin- 1200mgs in single or 3 divided doses per day
- Methyl sulphonyl methane- 200-300mgs in single or divided doses per day
Note: Different brands may present with different recommended dose. Read labels before use.
There are no known toxic effects of Glucosamine, Chondroitin with MSM. However, it is not recommended in young in children, pregnant or nursing women, or those with medical conditions particularly with those who have severe liver or kidney disease. Those allergic to shellfish should not take this product.
Other minor and isolated side effects include nausea, abdominal discomfort and diarrhoea.
This supplement should not be taken with the following drugs.
- Chitosan- alters the effect of glucosamine and chondroitin by blocking their absorption to the body.
- Warfarin (Coumadin) – should not be taken together with glucosamine due to risk of bleeding. Glucosamine also has blood thinning compound.
- Insulin- glucosamine is known to alter the effects of insulin when taken together.
- Acetaminophen –according to experts, when taken with glucosamine, both of them losses their benefits as drugs.
- Anti-cancer medications – a study shows that glucosamine can enhance multiplication of cancer cell.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women need to consult their doctor before using this supplement.
- Persons who have allergies to seafood should avoid taking any glucosamine based supplement.
- It should also not to be taken by people with asthma because it is a potent allergen.
- Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM are known to decrease the effects of anti-diabetic drugs. Therefore, it should not be taken by persons with diabetes.
- It is strongly recommended to consult your doctor before taking any supplements if with any medical condition and taking medications.
- Not recommended for 18 yrs old and below.
Things to note
- Like any other supplements, consult your doctor before use.
- Do not take if you have allergy to seafood.
- It is recommended to take supplement with food to avoid stomach upset.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Consult your doctor immediately if taken in overdose.
Scientific support and evidence
Effects of diet type and supplementation of glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM on body composition, functional status, and markers of health in women with knee osteoarthritis initiating a resistance-based exercise and weight loss program
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.