Many in stock
Is a form of
Herb & Plant Extract
- Pumpkin Seed 200mg (10:1) equivalent to 2000mg,
Take 1 capsule per day with food
If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your GP or medical professional before taking supplements. Do not exceed recommended dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store is a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children NOT intended for use by persons under the age of 18
Calabaza, Citrouille, Cucurbita galeottii, Cucurbita mammeata, Cucurbita pepo, Cucurbitea Peponis Semen, Cucumis pepo, Field Pumpkin, Graine de Citrouille, Huile de Graines de Citrouille, Pepo, Pumpkin Seed, Pumpkin Seed Oil.
What is Pumpkin Seed Oil?
Pumpkin is a type of plant. Pumpkin seeds with vermifuge are sometimes used for medicinal purposes and possess powerful substances, which play a role in the proper functioning of the prostate. The oil of the pumpkin seed includes essential fatty acids, and is especially rich in linoleic acid.
How does it work?
Chemicals found within pumpkin seeds may result in frequent urination because of the diuretic properties, and this will assist with reduction of discomfort to the bladder. There is also a type of chemical found in pumpkin seed that is believed to be capable of destroying worms in the intestines.
Used To Treat
- Pumpkin is primarily used to treat infections of the kidney, worms of the intestines, irritation of the bladder, and urination difficulties caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Pumpkin may be used together with herbs to help relieve various symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds are classified as a type of snack.
POSSIBLY EFFECTIVE FOR:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia: oral administration of pumpkin seed oil, whether with saw palmetto or not, is said to potentially be effective at alleviating symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Anti-oxidative activities: for a long while, pumpkin seeds have been utilized for their medicinal benefits. It is believed that there are numerous active components in pumpkin seed oil. These components are believed to potentially be able to secure certain biological molecules and prevent oxidative stress from harming them. Pumpkin seed oil is considered to be very high in antioxidants and rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Arthritis: when pumpkin seed oil was given to rats with arthritis, there were noticeable improvements in the severity of the condition. In combination with simvastatin, pumpkin seed oil was administered to rabbits that were fed cholesterol for 21 days and a major decrease in aortic and contractile reactions to norepinephrine.
- Blood pressure: it is believed that pumpkin seed oil may be capable of regulating blood pressure levels and for cardiac-safety. In one study, it was claimed that pumpkin seed oil could be effective at improving felodipine’s ability to lower blood pressure levels. After the study was conducted with three different drugs being administered, it was noted that the pumpkin seed oil made a major difference and caused blood pressure levels to lower. It was concluded that there is potentially a benefit in using pumpkin seed oil if you are suffering from or at risk of high blood pressure levels. The isolate form of pumpkin seed protein has already proven to be effective at improving health in animals. This was administered following carbon tetrachloride intoxication and a major drop in lactate dehydrogenase, aspartate transaminase, alanine transaminase, and alkaline phosphatase activity levels.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia: pumpkin seed oil in combination with saw palmetto can work effectively to limit symptoms incurred as a result of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Pumpkin seed oil has also been used to help treat these symptoms. In a study where patients received one of four different items, the patients that used pumpkin seed oil with saw palmetto were noted as having an improved quality of life rating within six months. For men that experience this condition, 160mg will likely be taken orally three times daily along with food.
- High cholesterol levels: a previously completed study found that pumpkin seed oil can assist with regulating high cholesterol levels in postmenopausal women.
- Depression: pumpkin seeds contain L-tryptophan, which is believed to assist with treating depression.
- Kidney stones: pumpkin seeds are used as preventive medicine by many that live in Thailand as it is believed that the seeds work to decrease the speed at which the kidney stones form within the urine.
- Menopause: certain phytosterols have a reputation for lowering blood cholesterol levels. An early study indicated that pumpkin seed oil offered specific benefits to postmenopausal women with cholesterol issues. This particular study tested the difference in effects between a placebo and pumpkin seed oil for women that had menopause, and in the course of three months with two grams taken each day, there was a major drop in bad cholesterol blood pressure. Symptoms of menopause were also noticeably less severe, including less severe cases of headaches, hot flushes, and joint pain.
- Osteoporotic fracture: foods that contain high amounts of zinc are known for being beneficial to those that are at high risk of developing osteoporosis. The use of supplements containing zinc has been proven to be effective at protecting the body e from increased risk of femoral neck fracture development as a result of cadmium exposure, based on a rat study report. While there is not any proven evidence that suggests pumpkin seed can help those that are at high risk of osteoporosis, it is still believed that pumpkin seed oil possesses these benefits. This is due to the fact that pumpkin seed oil is rich in zinc.
- Parasites: pumpkin seeds contain curcurbitin, which is believed to have’ anti-parasitic properties. Quite a few scientists have implemented pumpkin seeds for the purpose of curing tapeworm infestations and acute schistosomiasis. As a result, it is possible that pumpkin seed oil possesses anti-parasitic properties.
INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR:
- Tapeworm infestations
- Irritation of the bladder
- Infection of the kidney
Further evidence will be necessary in order to determine the actual effectiveness that pumpkin seed oil offers for those particular uses.
The nutrients found in pumpkin seed oil prominently focuses on the urinary tract and reproductive areas of the human body. Studies are being conducted on a regular basis to find out the specific effects that the nutrients in pumpkin seed oil have on benign prostatic hypertrophy. The plant sterol and fatty acid that is found in pumpkin seed oil could play a role in the enhanced functioning of the urethra and the bladder, which could be the reason behind the symptoms being relieved for patients suffering from benign prostatic hypertrophy. The nutrients found in the oil will hinder formation of kidney stones through the process of lowering concentrations of substances which assist in the stone formation process, and further by increasing the amount of compounds which block the formation of kidney stones. Pumpkin seeds have been known for a long time as a treatment method for kidney issues and for urinary complications, as well as for tapeworm and roundworm infestations and gastritis.
As pumpkin seed oil helps to relieve symptoms of arthritis, this is likely caused due to the effects that the antioxidants and essential fatty acids have on the body. These nutrients are also known to decrease blood cholesterol through LDL reduction and HDL increase. This gives the body more of the good cholesterol and less of the bad. The antioxidants found in pumpkin seed oil are supplied through vitamin A and vitamin E, and will also provide health benefits for the skin.
How to take/dosage
The amount of pumpkin seed oil that should be administered in one dose is not fully determined. In the study where it was taken for the purpose of decreasing cholesterol levels, the patients used two grams per day. However, the study which was done to see the effects it has on treating benign prostatic hyperplasia had only required patients to take 320mg for each day of the study.
These are the dosage amounts that have been backed by scientific findings:
To treat benign prostatic hyperplasia, take 480mg of pumpkin seed oil each day, separated into three doses and combined with saw palmetto oil and any other herbs.
Possible side effects
Pumpkin seed oil is considered as safe to use and may be safe for medicinal treatment in higher amounts for the majority of patients. Intake in high amounts for men may also lead to ejaculation-related health issues.
Lithium has a BAD interaction with pumpkin seed oil.
Pumpkin seed oil is sometimes known to work as a diuretic. The use of pumpkin seed oil could possibly lower the efficiency in excreting lithium from the body. This may result in an increase in lithium within the body and may cause various severe side effects. You should speak with your doctor or pharmacist prior to using this supplement if you are currently taking lithium or any medication that contains lithium. It may be necessary for you to modify the amount of lithium that you take on a daily basis.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be careful and observant when combining lithium with pumpkin seed oil. Speak with your doctor or pharmacist before mixing the two if you wish to be as safe as possible.
You will have to stick with the pumpkin seed oil supplementation for an entire month to see all the benefits take effect. This supplement should not be used by anyone that is pregnant or nursing. To be safe, it is recommended that you keep to the typical food intake amounts for pumpkin. This is considered as a healthy and safe nutrient source for the majority of individuals, although in rare cases it can lead to ejaculation-related health issues in men.
Avoid any pumpkin intake that exceeds the amount which would be found in pumpkin foods if you are not currently pregnant or nursing.
Things to note
Any male 50 years of age or older should be taking pumpkin seed oil on a regular basis to ensure optimal functioning of the prostate.
Pumpkin seed oil is considered to be light and heat sensitive, which means that it is ideal to store the container in the refrigerator. This will likely allow it to remain fresh and potent for at least three months. While pumpkin seed oil should be kept out of the heat and light, it is still best to have them in a cupboard.
When taken on a regular basis, pumpkin seed oil may start to provide various health benefits. Although it is primarily recognized for its effectiveness in treating hair loss and benign prostatic hyperplasia, pumpkin seed oil is rich in nutrients and can provide health benefits in many other ways, such as by strengthening the immune system, improving complexion of the skin, and stopping inflammation.
Scientific support and reference citations
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.