Many in stock
Is a form of
Sports Supplement, Antioxidant
- Coenzyme Q10 Provides Coenzyme Q10: 30mg
- Natural Vitamin E (1000IU/g,d-Alpha-Tocopherol,GMO-Free)
- Titanium Dioxide
- Caramel Colour
- Brilliant Blue
- Soybean Oil (GMO-Free)
- Allura Red AC
- Purified Water
1-3 capsules (30-90mg) daily with food to aid absorption.
If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your GP or medical professional before taking supplements. Do not exceed recommended dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store is a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children NOT intended for use by persons under the age of 18
CoQ10, Ubiquinone, Ubiquinol, Idebenone, trans 2,3-dimethoxy-5-methyl-6-decaprenyl-1,4-benzoquinone, Co Q10, Co Q-10, Coenzyme Q-10, Co-Enzyme 10, Coenzyme Q 10, Coenzyme Q10, Co-Enzyme Q10, Co-Enzyme Q-10, Co-Q 10, CoQ10, Co-Q10, CoQ-10
What is Coenzyme Q10?
CoQ-10 is a composite supplement found throughout the body (especially in the liver, heart, pancreas and kidney) that is ingested into the body by food intake such as seafood and meat, alternatively Coenzyme Q-10 is also synthesized in laboratories.
Initially identified in 1957 coenzyme q10 is produced via fermentation (sugar cane and beets are fermented with a special strain of yeast). Q-10 is a replica of the chemical structure of this compound. Commonly utilised for treating or aiding recovery of patients with heart diseases including congestive heart disorders it is widely consumed in Russia, Europe and Japan.
How does it work?
Coenzyme Q-10 is a vital compound required by various organs and chemical interactions within the human body. Besides having antioxidant properties Coenzyme Q-10 also contributes energy to cells. Insufficient amounts of coenzyme Q-10 may give rise to high blood pressure, congestive heart disorders, Parkinson’s disease, periodontal disease and numerous muscular diseases.
Used To Treat
- When combined with other medications, CoQ10 can be used to treat Congestive heart failure
- Muscular dystrophy. This disorder which is usually inherited present as muscle wasting
- Immune system boosting. People with HIV/AIDS can help to improve their immune system by using this product
- This product is used to prevent migraine headache
- High blood pressure. When used together with other medications his product can help manage hypertension
- Myocardial infection. The risk of additional problems of the heart in people who in the recent times have suffered a heart attack is decreased
- Huntington’s disease. This is a genetic neurological disorder that is very rare. The Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have granted an altered form of coenzyme Q10, Ubiquinol, “Orphan Drug Status”. This has given the manufacturer of this product some incentives for studying its effectiveness for treating Huntington’s. since this condition is so rare (it has been approximated to affect less than 200,000 people) companies involved in pharmaceuticals might not invest in developing a drug foot it. Nevertheless, oral consumption of coenzyme Q10 in doses of 600 mg per day or less has proved not to be effective in combating the progression of this disease.
- Parkinson’s disease. According to recent research, it has been shown that consumption of coenzyme Q-10 supplements will slow functional decline in people early Parkinson’s disease. However, people with mid stage Parkinson’s disease will not show any improvement of symptoms
- Blood vessel complications caused by heart bypass surgery are prevented by this product. Quite enough evidence has shown that oral taking of coenzyme Q10 just one week before a surgery will help to decrease damage to blood vessels. However, some research have conflicted with this finding
CoQ10 together with other prescribed drugs can aid in the treatment of congestive heart disorders, muscular dystrophy (deterioration of muscles), assist in boosting the immune system for those with HIV/AIDS, prevention of migraines, reduce high blood pressure and manage hypertension.
It is also recommended for those who have suffered heart attacks as it reduces and in some cases prevents the risk of myocardial infection (cardiac complications). CoQ10 is also an ally against Huntington’s disease which is a rare genetic neurological disorder. Due to the rarity of this disease the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a modified version of coenzyme Q10 – Ubiquinol and granted the manufacturer of this product an incentive (Orphan Drug Status) to investigate and verify the viability of the CoQ10 for treating Huntington’s.
Consumption of coenzyme Q-10 supplements is proven to delay the functional decline of those in the early stages of Parkinson’s disease, but individuals who have progressed to mid stage Parkinson’s disease do not show improvements or have reactions toward CoQ10.
- Aids in muscle recovery
- Aids insulin stability for diabetics
- Cardiac Disorders/endothelial health
- Lipid peroxidation
- Immune System Booster
- Energy component for cells
- Helps in treating heart and blood vessel disorders
Lipase Inhibitor (Fat or Calorie Blockers)
The CoQ10 also functions as a lipase inhibitor (fat blockers or calorie blockers), basically this aspect of the product inhibits the absorption of fat or calories into the system. By being able to do so, it directly controls fat build up in the human body which assists those undergoing weight loss programs or trying to lose weight via diet or exercises.
Goes well with
L-Carnitine. This product which can either be consumed via food or made in the body as is the case with CoQ10 is involved in the metabolism of energy. It serves a great deal in states of deficiency but is basically not needed.
How to take/dosage
- Recommended dosage is 150 mg daily (orally ingested), however for mitochondrial disorders a 2 mg per kilogram of body weight is recommended each day.
- As for those with cardiac disorders recommended dosage is 100 mg per day divided into 2 or 3 doses over 24 hours. To assist in preventing or reducing the risk of cardiac associated events in patients with recent myocardial infarction a 120 mg daily dose divided into 2 doses over a period of 24 hours is recommended.
- To treat high blood pressure the recommended dosage is 120-200 mg per day divided into 2 doses while to treat isolated systolic hypertension a 60 mg dosage should be taken two times daily.
- In preventing migraine headaches the recommended dosage is 100 mg per dose taken three times daily. A dosage ratio of 1-3 mg/kg is the recommended amount for pediatric and adolescent patients.
- For Parkinson’s disease the recommended dosage is 300 mg, 600 mg, 1200 mg, and 2400 mg per day in 3-4 divided doses and for those with AIDS a 200mg dose /day would suffice.
- CoQ10 is also recommended to improve fertility in men with a daily dosage of 200-300 mg and for muscular dystrophy - 100 mg per day is sufficient.
- The recommended dose for pre-eclampsia is 100 mg twice daily starting at week 20 of pregnancy until delivery (please consult a doctor prior to taking CoQ10)
Possible side effects
To avoid risk of adverse reactions it is advisable to split the total daily dosage into smaller quantities over a period of 24 hours.
If nausea, loss of appetite, upset stomach, or diarrhea occurs after ingesting CoQ10 contact your doctor immediately. Allergic reaction to this product is rare but possible, as such immediate medical attention is vital if an allergic reaction is felt including rashes, constant itching/swelling of the face, tongue or throat, dizziness or breathing difficulties. As this product is known to reduce or lower blood pressure, those with low blood pressure are advised to consult a doctor prior to taking the product.
Fat-blockers. Also known as calorie blockers. These are products or compounds that hinder or block the absorption of certain amounts of fats and carbs after they have been consumed or eaten. In this way the prevent calories from acting in the body. Though such products can result to intestinal discomfort at higher doses the greatly reduce the calorific influence of excess.
Generally this product is safe for children however it is not recommended for children without medical approval or supervision. Certain precautions should be observed by breastfeeding and pregnant mothers as the reactions of CoQ10 towards pregnancy and breastfeeding have not been fully investigated and therefore pregnant or breastfeeding women are advised to avoid it. Those scheduled for surgery should cease consuming this product 2 weeks prior to surgery due to complications that may arise with regards to blood pressure during or after surgery. Those with blood pressure disorders are advised to seek professional medical advice before consuming coenzyme Q-10 as it may cause complications due to it reacting with other medications.
Things to note
CoQ10 is generally non-stimulatory, although an increase in general vitality has been noted; also since the product is fat soluble ideally it should be taken with fatty acids or meals.
Scientific support and reference citations
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.