Many in stock
Acidophilus is a type of bacteria that lives inside of the body’s urinary, digestive, and genital systems without causing any problems. It can also be found naturally in some dietary supplements and yoghurt.
What are the benefits of Acidophilus?
Acidophilus can be used to treat multiple problems including,
- Diarrhea such as those found in children and travelers.
- It can also be used to treat digestion problems in those that suffer from colon inflammation, Crohn’s disease, colic, IBS, and nectrotizing enterocolotis in premature babies.
- In addition it can also be used to treat Helicobacter pylori, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and to help prevent colds.
- Acidophilus can be used to treat many skin disorders such as eczema, blisters, canker sores, acne, and more.
- It is also sometimes used to treat lactose intolerance, high cholesterol, hives, and Lyme disease since it can boost the immune system.
- General health support for a healthy gut and digestive system
What is Acidophilus?
Lactobacillus Acidophilus is a bacteria commonly found in the stomach. This particular bacteria aid in balancing out your stomach and in digestion. As previously stated it is a naturally occurring bacterium, but just like anything else in our bodies sometimes we don’t have to quantities just right. The reasons for this can vary from an everyday improper diet to perhaps another underlying condition. Whatever the reason the best way to fix the problem is to consult your doctor and see if they suggest an Acidophilus supplement.
What is Acidophilus used for?
Used to treat many digestive issues and also to build a healthy immune system naturally in the body.
How does Acidophilus work?
When you take this supplement it supports the healthy bacteria is currently in your body.
Friendly bacteria that live in the body are responsible for helping the body function normally by expediting the way the body absorbs nutrients, breaks down food, and fight off other bacteria that are not friendly that cause problem such as diarrhea or infection.
Who should use Acidophilus?
If you are having intestinal and stomach issues, this may help to ease the discomfort and help you to improve the condition.
How to take Acidophilus?
Acidophilus is measured by the number of living organisms that are contained in each capsule and most doses include one to ten billion organisms captured in three to four doses. The supplement is given orally and is safe when used inside of the vagina to treat yeast infections and UTIs.
Antibiotic drugs may cause a moderate interaction with acidophilus as the antibiotics will reduce the effectiveness of the acidophilus. To reduce this chance it is recommended that the drugs be taken at least two hours apart from each other.
Acidophilus should not be taken with any medications that are known to decrease the immune system as it will lead to illness from yeast and bacteria.
What studies have been conducted onAcidophilus?
- Alvarez-Olmos MI. Probiotic agents and infectious diseases: a modern perspective on a traditional therapy. Clin Infect Dis. 2001;32(11):1567-1576.
- Ataie-Jafari A, Larijani B, Alavi Majd H, Tahbaz F. Cholesterol-lowering effect of probiotic yogurt in comparison with ordinary yogurt in mildly to moderately hypercholesterolemic subjects. Ann Nutr Metab. 2009;54(1):22-7.
- Begtrup LM de Muckadell OB, Kjeldsen J, Christensen RD, Jarbol DE. Long-term treatment with probiotics in primary care patients with irritable bowel syndrom--a randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled trial. Scan J Gastroenterol. 2013; 48(10):1127-35.
- Savino F, Pelle E, Palumeri E, et al. Lactobacillus reuteri (American Type Culture Collection Strain 55730) versus simethicone in the treatment of infantile colic: a prospective randomized study. Pediatrics 2007;119:e124-30.
- Luoto R, Matomäki J, Isolauri E, Lehtonen L. Incidence of necrotizing enterocolitis in very-low-birth-weight infants related to the use of Lactobacillus GG. Acta Paediatr 2010;99:1135-8
- Romano C, Ferrau' V, Cavataio F, et al. Lactobacillus reuteri in children with functional abdominal pain (FAP). J Paediatr Child Health 2010 Jul 8. [Epub ahead of print
Safety And Quality
- Manufactured to GMP protocols
- Uses pharmaceutical grade ingredients
- Manufactured in the UK
- EFSA compliance (European Food Safety Authority)
- Manufactured in an Informed Sport registered facility
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.