Many in stock
Is a form of
- Vitamin E 400iu. (2680% RDA) dl-alpha-tocopherol
- Soy bean oil
- Purified Water.
Take one to two capsules daily with food
If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your GP or medical professional before taking supplements. Do not exceed recommended dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store is a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children NOT intended for use by persons under the age of 18
Acétate de D-Alpha-Tocophéryl, Acétate d'Alpha Tocophérol, Acétate de Tocophérol, Acétate de Vitamine E, Acétate d'Alpha Tocophéryl, Acétate de Tocophéryl, Acétate de DL-Alpha-Tocophéryl, All-Rac-Alpha-Tocophérol, All Rac-Alpha-Tocopherol, Alpha Tocopheryl Acétate, Alpha-Tocophérol, Alpha Tocopherol Acetate, Alpha tocotrienol, Alpha tocotriénol, Alpha-tocopherol, Alpha-Tocophérol, Bêta-tocotriénol, Beta tocotrienol, , Concentré de Tocotriénol, Beta-tocopherol, Bêta-tocophérol, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, D-Alpha Tocopherol, D-Alpha Tocophérol, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate,D-Alpha Tocotrienol, D-Alpha-Tocopherol, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, D-Alpha Tocotriénol, D-Alpha-Tocophérol, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Succinate, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acid Succinate, D-Delta-Tocopherol, D-Beta-Tocopherol, D-Bêta-Tocophérol, D-Delta-Tocophérol, D-Alpha-Tocophéryl, Delta Tocotrienol, Delta-tocophérol, Delta-Tocotriénol, Delta-tocopherol, D-Gamma-Tocotriénol, D-Gamma Tocotrienol, D-Gamma-Tocophérol, ,D-Gamma-Tocopherol, DL-Alpha-Tocophérol, DL-Alpha-Tocopherol, DL-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, DL-Alpha-Tocophéryl, DL-Tocopherol, DL-Tocophérol, DL-Alpha-Tocopheryl, D-Tocopherol, D-Tocophérol, D-Tocopheryl Acetate, Fat-Soluble Vitamin,Gamma-tocotriénol, Gamma tocotrienol, Gamma-tocophérol, Gamma-tocopherol, Mixed Tocotrienols, Palm Tocotrienols, Rice Tocotrienols, RRR-Alpha-Tocopherol, RRR-Alpha-Tocophérol, Succinate Acide de D-Alpha-Tocophéryl, Succinate Acide de Tocophéryl, Succinate de D-Alpha-Tocophéryl, Succinate de Tocophéryl, Succinate de Vitamine E, Tocopherol Acetate, Tocopherol, Tocophérol, Tocophérols Mixtes, Tocotriénols de Palme, Tocotriénols de Riz, Tocotriénols Mixtes, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl Acid Succinate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Tocotrienol, Tocotriénol, Tocotrienol Concentrate, Tocotrienols, Tocotriénols, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin E Succinate, Vitamina E, Vitamine E, Vitamine Liposoluble, Vitamine Soluble dans les Graisses.
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a compound that is fat-soluble and comes in many forms. It is known for its antioxidant qualities that help to counteract free radicals formed in the human body and is a key ingredient for normal reproduction of cells.
How does it work?
Many organs in the body rely on Vitamin E as an essential vitamin for their correct and efficient functioning. Its role as an antioxidant ensures the slow down of cell damage.
Our bodies contain alpha-tocopherol in significant quantities which is the type of Vitamin E that is commonly found. This is a compound that plays a vital role in human nutrition.
In a healthy body Vitamin E facilitates improvements to the circulatory system by enhancing the ability to clot blood more efficiently. It is also beneficial in the absorption of Vitamin K. Furthermore, the process of red blood cell generation is aided by Vitamin E in the human body. It is also known to reduce serious breathing difficulties. Injuries and scars applied with oil enriched Vitamin E is an ideal way to accelerate healing while preventing scarring.
Used To Treat
Vitamin E’s main role as an antioxidant is to ward off the destruction of body tissue that result from the build up of free radicals. These harmful free radicals are often the cause of damage to cells, tissues and organs in the body. It is considered to be an essential ingredient in the prevention of aging.
LIKELY EFFECTIVE FOR:
- Vitamin E deficiency
POSSIBLY EFFECTIVE FOR:
- Improving male fertility.
- Strengthening overall physical performance and strength of the elderly
- Lessening the possibility of bladder cancer
- Reducing the pain strength and duration of monthly periods in women.
- Minimising the chance of High blood pressure during pregnancy
- Aiding the cure of kidney problems in children.
- Lessening the chance of heart and brain bleeding in premature babies.
- Reducing nerve damage in Chemotherapy-related treatment
- Helping eye recovery after surgical treatment.
- Preventing movement disorders which are called dyspraxia and tardive dyskinesia.
- Reducing the speed of memory loss in Alzheimer's patients.
- Reducing pain pain of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Helping to cure inherited illness, G6PD deficiency.
- Reducing the chance of dementia in old age.
- Enhancing eyesight of people affected with an eye disorder called uveitis.
- Lessening the effect of sunburn.
- Minimizing the signs of Huntington's chorea disease.
- The treatment of an eye disease in newborns retrolental fibroplasia in newborns.
- Vitamin E offers a number of health advantages
- It Prevents tissue and cellular damage from free radicals
- It may help to combat Alzheimer’s disease, against eye diseases, cancer and diabetes.
- It is very effective for increasing blood circulation.
- It speeds up injury healing.
- It works as a Shield against the UV radiation in our body.
- It is a very important factor of healthy skin.
- It helps to preserve the moisture of skin to prevent dryness and itchiness.
- It is used in the treatment of psoriasis.
Goes well with
- Vitamin B-Vitamin E compliments the use of Vitamin B. It improves the performance of not only the immune system but also positively acts to improve brain functioning
- Vitamin C-Vitamin E works alongside Vitamin C in the fight against heart conditions and cancer. Combined together they act to enhance the immune system. These vitamins also help to prevent high blood pressure in pregnant mothers.
- Fat in diet- Vitamin absorption is increased and works better in the presence of fat as it is fat-soluble.
- Selenium-Works well with selenium in the treatment of cancer patients
How to take/dosage
The dosage of Vitamin required for each individual differs according their needs. Factors taken into consideration in determining the dosage depends on the individual’s age, weight and the condition being treated. Like all supplements Vitamin E should be taken with food to ensure better absorption as follows:
- High blood pressure in pregnancy-A dose of 400iu taken daily together with Vitamin C 1000mg
- Alzheimer’s disease-The dosage for this condition can go up to 2000iu taken daily
- Liver disease-For children a daily dose of 400-1200iu is given and for adults the daily dose is 800iu
- Vitamin E deficiency-The daily standard dosage for adults comprise of RRR-alpha tocopherol 60-75iu
- Rheumatoid arthritis pain-A dose of 600iu to be taken twice a day
- Infertility in males-200-600iu to be taken daily
- Beta-thalassemia-A daily dose of 750iu to be taken
Possible side effects
The use of Vitamin E as a daily supplement can be harmful if taken in very high doses. People who have diabetes or heart disease should avoid taking more than 400iu per day. According to studies very high doses of Vitamin E cause serious side effects and can even be fatal on occasion.
One of the dangers of high doses of Vitamin E is that it can cause a serious stroke known as hemorrhagic stroke. It is found that doses of 500-800iu taken daily can increase the likelihood of a hemorrhagic stroke by nearly 22%. At the same time, Vitamin E is also responsible for minimizing the less serious stroke known as ischemic stroke.
Another area of concern with ingesting high doses of Vitamin E on a daily basis is the possibility that it might increase the chances of developing prostate cancer in men.
Other documented effects of high doses of Vitamin E include stomach cramps, diarrhea, mausea, weakness, headache, blurred vision, rash, fatigue, bleeding and bruising.
- Medications that affect the liver
- Medication for cancer treatment
- Taking Vitamin E in conjunction with blood thinning medication should be done under the guidance of a medical practitioner
- No toxic medicines should be taken along with Vitamin E as Vitamin is a fat-soluble compound, it is likely to increase the toxin levels in fatty tissue
- Vitamin E should never be taken at the same time as iron. Both iron and ferrous sulphate is liable to destroy Vitamin E. These have to be taken separately at different times of the day
- Patients who suffer from rheumatic complaints, diabetes or overactive thyroid glands should keep within the recommended daily dosage
- People with high blood pressure should start with a low dosage of around 200ius and gradually increase it to the desired level spread out over six weeks
- The intake of a minimum dose of Zinc is recommended with Vitamin E
Things to note
Vitamin E gives users an abundance of health benefits. It is an antioxidant as well as a fat soluble vitamin and acts as a weapon against free radicals to protect our cells.
Harmful free radicals are formed due to exposure to unhealthy environments such as tobacco smoke or radiation. The immune system, blood circulation and the metabolic process within the body are vastly improved with the use of Vitamin E. Diseases such as Alzheimer’s, cancer and heart complaints are treated effectively with Vitamin E. In addition, it is useful in the maintenance of a healthy skin and in treating male infertility.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.