Many in stock
Flaxseed oil is derived from the Linum Usitatissimum plant. Flax oil contains both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are typically found in fish and its fatty acids are needed to maintain general health.
Although believed to come originally from Egypt, the flax plant is also widely grown all over Canada and the north-western part of the United States. Flaxseed oil contains essential soluble fibres and fatty acids. It is not only commonly used as a food additive but is also available in softgel capsules to be taken as herbal supplements.
What are the benefits of Flaxseed Oil?
- It can help to prevent heart disease
- It can be used as a laxative for constipation
- It is used to relieve arthritis and osteoarthritis
- It is sometimes used on people with high cholesterol
- It may also aid in weight loss
What is Flaxseed Oil?
Flax oil is a supplement made from what is commonly known as the flax seed plant, but its scientific name is linum usiatissimum. Flaxseed oil supplements are derived from this plant. Flaxseed oil can be taken to supplement omega-3 and omega-6 fatty oils.
What is Flaxseed Oil used for?
Omega oils are needed for a healthy diet so it is typically used to help maintain good health It is often used more specifically for conditions ranging from constipation to heart health and many things in between. Some people take Flaxseed Oil as a way to get their omega oils because they don’t like fish or fish oil supplements.
- Flaxseed oil helps lower the haemoglobin A1c levels in people with type 2 diabetes, improves kidney function in people with systemic lupus erythematosus, and relieves mild menopausal symptoms like night sweats and hot flushes.
- Flaxseed oil is also used to treat anxiety, atherosclerosis, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dry eyes, benign prostatic hyperplasia, diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and vaginal infections.
- Oil from the seed of the flax plant is also used as a laxative and believed to help prevent prostate and breast cancers, although it has not been scientifically confirmed yet. Those suffering from Sjogren’s syndrome also use flaxseed oil for the treatment of dry eyes.
- Flaxseed oil is also applied to soften rough skin and to soothe irritations.
- Flaxseed oil is popularly known for its capacity to lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It is also known to improve kidney conditions.
- Because of its polyunsaturated fats content, flaxseed oil is believed to lessen one’s risk of getting heart diseases.
How does Flaxseed Oil work?
Flaxseed oil contains polyunsaturated fatty acids, an example of which is alpha-linolenic acid, which is used to treat inflammatory or swelling diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. Polyunsaturated fatty acids are believed to minimise inflammation. Flaxseed oil also contains soluble fibres that believed to have a laxative effect.
Who should use Flaxseed Oil?
Those who have a family history or heart disease or arthritis would benefit from it the most. Omega-3 fatty acids can help lower your risk of heart disease and stroke, as well as reduce the risk for a heart attack in people with diabetes.
One of the types of Omega 3s is alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). ALA is produced by leafy green vegetables and can be converted into EPA and DHA by the body. A rich source of ALA is flaxseed, flaxseed oil, canola oil, walnuts, and walnut oil. Flaxseed contains three beneficial elements which include Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and phytochemical lignans (plant chemicals that are helpful in the prevention of chronic diseases). Flaxseed is a great option for those who do not like fish, or are looking for alternative food choices to lower their risk for heart disease.
How to take Flaxseed Oil?
Take one to three capsules daily with food
- Pregnant women should avoid taking flaxseed oil. Some studies revealed that taking flaxseed oil during the second or third trimester of the pregnancy may lead to premature birth.
- Breastfeeding women should consult their doctor or a medical practitioner before taking flaxseed oil.
- Because flaxseed oil increases one’s risks for bleeding, those with bleeding disorders and those scheduled for surgery are advised to avoid the intake of flaxseed oil.
Flaxseed Oil Ingredients
Flaxseed Oil 1000mg containing 530mg of a Linoleic acid
140mg of Linoleic acid
140mg of Oleic acid
What studies have been conducted on Flaxseed Oil?
Safety And Quality
- Manufactured to GMP protocols
- Uses pharmaceutical grade ingredients
- Manufactured in the UK
- EFSA compliance (European Food Safety Authority)
- Manufactured in an Informed Sport registered facility
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.