Many in stock
Beta Alenine is a well-known supplement in the world of sports and weight training. It is an example of a non-essential amino acid which is not easy to get from a normal diet. It is this which makes it quite difficult to get the required dosage naturally. When it is taken, the Beta Alenine is converted to carnosine which can then help to increase stamina, muscle development and strength. It is known to increase training performance as well as reducing muscle fatigue.
What are the benefits of Beta Alanine?
- It can increase muscle mass
- Causes a delay in Muscle fatigue
- Increase aerobic and anaerobic endurance
- It can increase muscular strength and overall power
- Improve overall athletic performance and exercise capacity
What is Beta Alanine?
Beat Alanline was discovered over 100 years ago, it is also known as 3-aminopropanoic acid. It can be found naturally in foods such as pork, beef, chicken and fish. It is also possible to source this ourselves, our bodies are able to synthesize it within the liver from the catabolism of pyrimidine nucleotides that get broken down into thymine and uracil. They are then metabolized into beta-alanine and B-aminoisobutyrate. It is also possible to ingest this through supplementation too.
What is Beta Alanine used for?
Beta-Alanine gives a specific and targeted stimulant response and is ideally taken before your workout. It is predominantly used to enhance physical performance, specifically throughout or, as part of a high-intensity workout or strength training routine. It is also commonly used to delay muscle fatigue on older adults too.
How does Beta Alanine work?
This supplements elevates intra-muscular rates of carnosine, which boosts the build-up of hydrogen ions in the muscle tissue. It is this which then results in improved performance for activities that last between 1-4 minutes. Carnosine is constructed of two different amino acids. It is found in type one and two muscle fibres. In order to allow your muscles to function effectively, the cells depends on buffers such as carnosine, to prevent them from becoming acidic, or in other words, having a low Ph throughout exercise. In order for your muscles to sustain their strength, they are required to always be in the optimum Ph range, it is when this dips below that levels, that you experience muscle fatigue and reduced strength.
Who should use Beta Alanine?
Beta Alanine is geared towards body builders, weight lifters, athletes and very active people. It is also suited to runners, cyclists, football and hockey players. For people who are active and have perhaps reached a plateau in their training routine who are seeking something to help to elevate them to the next level. It can be taken by both males and females.
How to take Beta Alanine.
It is best to take this pre-workout. The most commonly found dose for this supplement is 3 grams, to be taken once each day.
Take two to six tablets daily, preferably with meals. Do not exceed the stated dose.
Beta Alanine ingredients
Beta Alanine, Bulking Agents(Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose), Anti-caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate), Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Glazing Agents (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Triacetin) Maltodextrin, Emulsifier(Polysorbate 80).
What medical studies have been conducted on Beta Alanine?
There have been extensive studies into the benefits and effects of the Beta Alenine supplementation. These support a number of the features and benefits we have discussed earlier in the article.
- Effect of creatine and beta-alanine supplementation on performance and endocrine responses in strength/power athletes
- Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity
- Important role of muscle carnosine in rowing performance
- The effects of 10 weeks of resistance training combined with beta-alanine supplementation on whole body strength, force production, muscular endurance and body composition
- The effect of 4 weeks beta-alanine supplementation and isokinetic training on carnosine concentrations in type I and -II human skeletal muscle fibres
- Meal and beta-alanine coingestion enhances muscle carnosine loading
- Beta-alanine supplementation reduces acidosis but not oxygen uptake response during high-intensity cycling exercise
- Role of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine and exercise performance
- Effects of 28 days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on aerobic power, ventilatory and lactate thresholds, and time to exhaustion
- Beta-alanine and the hormonal response to exercise
- Effects of β-alanine supplementation on exercise performance: a meta-analysis
- Effect of beta-alanine supplementation on 2,000-m rowing-ergometer performance
- Six weeks of high-intensity interval training with and without beta-alanine supplementation for improving cardiovascular fitness in women
- Effects of β-alanine supplementation on performance and body composition in collegiate wrestlers and football players
- The effect of beta-alanine supplementation on power performance during repeated sprint activity
- Effect of 10-week beta-alanine supplementation on competition and training performance in elite swimmers
- Effects of beta-alanine supplementation and high-intensity interval training on endurance performance and body composition in men; a double-blind trial
- Effect of β-alanine plus sodium bicarbonate on high-intensity cycling capacity
- Influence of oral beta-alanine and histidine supplementation on the carnosine content of the gluteus medius
- beta-Alanine supplementation augments muscle carnosine content and attenuates fatigue during repeated isokinetic contraction bouts in trained sprinters
- Effect of two β-alanine dosing protocols on muscle carnosine synthesis and washout
- Effects of twenty-eight days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on the physical working capacity at neuromuscular fatigue threshold
- Beta-alanine and gamma-aminobutyric acid in chronic fatigue syndrome
- Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue and ventilatory threshold in women
- Short-duration beta-alanine supplementation increases training volume and reduces subjective feelings of fatigue in college football players
Safety And Quality
- Manufactured to GMP protocols
- Uses pharmaceutical grade ingredients
- Manufactured in the UK
- EFSA compliance (European Food Safety Authority)
- Manufactured in an Informed Sport registered facility
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.