Many in stock
Is a form of
- Dicalcium Phosphate,
- Microcrystalline Cellulose,
- Zinc Citrate 47mg providing elemental Zinc 15mg (150%, RDA),
- Magnesium Stearate,
- Stearic Acid.
Take one tablet daily with food
If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your GP or medical professional before taking supplements. Do not exceed recommended dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store is a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children NOT intended for use by persons under the age of 18
Acétate de Zinc, Acexamate de Zinc, Aspartate de Zinc, Atomic Number 30, Chlorure de Zinc, Citrate de Zinc, Gluconate de Zinc, Méthionine de Zinc, Monométhionine de Zinc, Numéro Atomique 30, Orotate de Zinc, Oxyde de Zinc, Picolinate de Zinc, Pyrithione de Zinc, Sulfate de Zinc, Zinc Acetate, Zinc Acexamate, Zinc Aspartate, Zinc Chloride, Zinc Citrate, Zinc Difumarate Hydrate, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Methionine, Zinc Monomethionine, Zinc Murakab, Zinc Orotate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Picolinate, Zinc Pyrithione, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Sulphate, Zincum Aceticum, Zincum Gluconicum, Zincum Metallicum, Zincum Valerianicum, Zn.
What is Zinc?
Zinc an essential trace element as very small amounts of zinc are needed for optimum health.
How does it work?
Zinc is essential for both the proper growth and the maintenance of the body. Zinc is also needed to heal wounds, immune system functioning, thyroid function, blood clotting and much more besides.
Used To Treat
Zinc is used in the prevention and treatment of zinc deficiency which effectively means that the levels in the blood are too low. Zinc deficiency can arise frome several conditions such as diarrhoea, cirrhosis of the liver and alcoholism, following major surgery, after being on a feeding tube for a long time and from those conditions that make it difficult for the bowels to absorb food.
Quickly restores zinc levels to where they should be for optimum health
How to take/dosage
There are so many dosages of zinc depending on what you are taking it for that it is impossible to list them all here. Follow the directions on the packaging and if in any doubt ask the pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Dosages of up to 40mg haven't produced any known side effects if taken when needed but routine taking of zinc can result in nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach and kidney damage, a metallic taste in the mouth and other side effects. Using zinc in broken skin can result in stinging, burning, tingling and itching. Using zinc nasal sprays can result in the permanent loss of smell.
Interactions have been noted between zinc supplements and antibiotics
Taking more than 100mg a day as a supplement or taking a routine supplement for 10 years can double your chances of developing prostate cancer. There are also concerns that large daily doses of zinc combined with multivitamins can actually increase the risk of dying from prostate cancer. Taking 450mg per day can cause problems with the iron in the blood while single doses of 10-30g can prove fatal. Only take as a supplement when pregnant or breast feeding on the advice of your doctor.
Things to note
Routine use of zinc supplements are not recommended.
Scientific support and reference citations
- Science M, Johnstone J, Roth DE, et al. Zinc for the treatment of the common cold: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. CMAJ 2012;184:E551-61.
- Nouri M, Chalian H, Bahman A, et al. Nail molybdenum and zinc contents in populations with low and moderate incidence of esophageal cancer. Arch Iranian Med 2008;11:392-6.
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Advisory. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) warns about a potential health risk associated with long-term, excessive use of GSK's zinc-containing denture adhesives Super Polygrip Original, Ultra Fresh and Extra Care. February 18, 2010. Available at: www.gsk.com/media/consumer-advisories/US.pdf.
- Health Canada / GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare. Association of long-term, excessive use of zinc-containing Poli-Grip products with myeloneuropathy and blood dyscrasias. February 18, 2010. Available at: http://hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/alt_formats/pdf/medeff/advisories-avis/prof/2010/poligrip_hpc-cps-eng.pdf.
- Alexander TH, Davidson TM. Intranasal zinc and anosmia: the zinc-induced anosmia syndrome. Laryngoscope 2006;116:217-20.
- Dooren JC. FDA warns against use of Zicam. The Wall Street Journal, June 16, 2009. Available at: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124516778692319231.html#mod=djemHL?mg=com-wsj (Accessed 16 June 2009).
- Public Health Advisory. Loss of sense of smell with intranasal cold remedies containing zinc. U.S. Food and Drug Administration, June 16, 2009. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PublicHealthAdvisories/ucm166059.htm (Accessed 16 June 2009).
- Lawson KA, Wright ME, Subar A, et al. Multivitamin use and risk of prostate cancer in the National Institutes of Health-AARP Diet and Health Study. J Natl Cancer Inst 2007;99:754-64.
- Devereux G, Turner SW, Craig LC, et al. Low maternal vitamin E intake during pregnancy is associated with asthma in 5-year-old children. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2006;174:499-507.
- Aggarwal R, Sentz J, Miller MA. Role of zinc administration in prevention of childhood diarrhea and respiratory illnesses: a meta-analysis. Pediatrics 2007;119:1120-30.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.